Washington State Brownfield Policy Recommendations
The Washington State legislature is considering a brownfield package of legislative actions (known as MTCA 3.0) to improve the ability to undertake and complete brownfield cleanup and redevelopment projects. The package contains a number of brownfield tools that were identified in a report completed in 2011 by Maul Foster & Alongi for the Washington State Department of Ecology.
The proposal will include:
- improvements to the prospective purchaser agreement process;
- the creation of publicly funded trusts;
- making the Integrated Planning Grants a permanent program;
- including a definition of brownfields in state planning policy;
- and the ability of public agencies to create brownfield development authorities with special tools and opportunities.
The 2011 Washington State Brownfield Policy Recommendations report is available at www.ecy.wa.gov/biblio/1109051.html on the state’s ecology website.
Other NewsView All
Join us in welcoming four new employees at MFA and our wholly owned subsidiary, FLO Analytics! Sean Henderson Sean joins the MFA team as a graphic designer working out of the Portland office. He brings more than eight years of design...Jennifer King, PE, SPHR
MFA is proud to announce the promotion of Michael Murray, RG, LHG, PE, to principal. Michael is a principal hydrogeologist passionate about helping clients navigate complex regulatory and legal landscapes. His work providing contaminant...Michael J. Pickering, RG, LG