Washington State Brownfield Policy Recommendations
The Washington State legislature is considering a brownfield package of legislative actions (known as MTCA 3.0) to improve the ability to undertake and complete brownfield cleanup and redevelopment projects. The package contains a number of brownfield tools that were identified in a report completed in 2011 by Maul Foster & Alongi for the Washington State Department of Ecology.
The proposal will include:
- improvements to the prospective purchaser agreement process;
- the creation of publicly funded trusts;
- making the Integrated Planning Grants a permanent program;
- including a definition of brownfields in state planning policy;
- and the ability of public agencies to create brownfield development authorities with special tools and opportunities.
The 2011 Washington State Brownfield Policy Recommendations report is available at www.ecy.wa.gov/biblio/1109051.html on the state’s ecology website. Please feel free to contact its coauthors Jim Darling and Mike Stringer.
Other NewsView All
Are you wondering about your site’s Level 1 risk assessment under the proposed Cleaner Air Oregon air toxics rule? MFA can help. MFA has developed a free tool to assist clients with their Level 1 risk assessment under the proposed rules....Chad Darby