Washington State Brownfield Policy Recommendations
The Washington State legislature is considering a brownfield package of legislative actions (known as MTCA 3.0) to improve the ability to undertake and complete brownfield cleanup and redevelopment projects. The package contains a number of brownfield tools that were identified in a report completed in 2011 by Maul Foster & Alongi for the Washington State Department of Ecology.
The proposal will include:
- improvements to the prospective purchaser agreement process;
- the creation of publicly funded trusts;
- making the Integrated Planning Grants a permanent program;
- including a definition of brownfields in state planning policy;
- and the ability of public agencies to create brownfield development authorities with special tools and opportunities.
The 2011 Washington State Brownfield Policy Recommendations report is available at www.ecy.wa.gov/biblio/1109051.html on the state’s ecology website.
Other NewsView All
MFA Receives Highwire's 2022 Gold Safety Award Highwire, a cloud-based mobile platform that empowers clients to make smarter risk management decisions, has announced the recipients of its prestigious safety awards. Maul Foster & Alongi has...Caitlin Bryan