Washington State Brownfield Policy Recommendations
The Washington State legislature is considering a brownfield package of legislative actions (known as MTCA 3.0) to improve the ability to undertake and complete brownfield cleanup and redevelopment projects. The package contains a number of brownfield tools that were identified in a report completed in 2011 by Maul Foster & Alongi for the Washington State Department of Ecology.
The proposal will include:
- improvements to the prospective purchaser agreement process;
- the creation of publicly funded trusts;
- making the Integrated Planning Grants a permanent program;
- including a definition of brownfields in state planning policy;
- and the ability of public agencies to create brownfield development authorities with special tools and opportunities.
The 2011 Washington State Brownfield Policy Recommendations report is available at www.ecy.wa.gov/biblio/1109051.html on the state’s ecology website. Please feel free to contact its coauthors Jim Darling and Mike Stringer.
Other NewsView All
Maul Foster & Alongi uses data and science to serve communities throughout the Pacific Northwest. We solve challenging and complex problems in service to our clients and encourage others to do the same. As part of our Climate Resiliency...Michael Tarbert, EIT
The impact of COVID-19 is so widespread that planning to operate or re-open a business today can be overwhelming. The complex scientific, economic, political, legal, and cultural issues present a daunting challenge to anyone tasked with...Bill Beadie, CIH